I ravaged through my supplies trying to find Chinese themed elements and couldn't find anything suitable. I was still determined to make them so I resorted to using Hero Arts Blossom Art and Trio Hearts stamp set. I thought the in blossoms looked a little like our CNY blossoms and the Hero Arts heart have a lot of flowers in it. As for the sentiment, I used my Happy Days stamp set from Papertrey Ink.
So I made two different packets first to see if they were nice and whether they were worth making. I embossed the sentiments and flowers / hearts using clear embossing, then accented using stickles / glossy accent. Once dried, I sprayed iridescent pearl mist to give them some shine.
After making one of each design, I found that the blossoms were too "heavy" so I decided to soften its look by omitting the clear embossing.
Well, making these red packets were much more time-consuming than I had expected. I also thought it was too much work and that most people are more interested in the content of the red packet rather than how it looks. So I ended up making only 9 for myself to give my parents and in laws.
Here are the 2 different red packets.
Items / Tools Used:
1. Paper - A4 Simili Paper in Red (Local bookstore)
2. Stamps: Papertrey Ink: Happy Days, Hero Arts: Trio Hearts, Blossom Art, Ink: Versamark
3. Embossing Powder: Stampendous Detail Embossing Powder - Clear
4. Embellishments: Ranger-Stickles in Diamond, Glossy Accents.
5. Others: Martha Stewart Scoring Board, Maya Mist Water Based Pigment Pump Spray - Iridescent Pearl